Gavarfali Bajra Dhokli ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Gavarfali bajra dhokli, two fibre-rich ingredients – gavarfali (cluster beans) and bajra – come together in this delicious recipe, making it a really healthy treat! serve hot with phulkas. String and boil the cluster beans before use.
Gavarfali Bajra Dhokli ( Know Your Flours ) recipe - How to make Gavarfali Bajra Dhokli ( Know Your Flours )
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
For The Bajra Dhokli
1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
1 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
2 cups cluster beans (gavarfali) , cut into 25 mm. (1") pieces
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp sugar
For the bajra dhokli
- For the bajra dhokli
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into firm dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and shape them into rounds.
- Press each portion into a flat circle by pressing between your palms. Cover and keep aside.
How to proceed
- How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and carom seeds.
- When they crackle, add the cluster beans and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and sugar and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the cluster beans are soft, stirring once in between.
- Add the bajra dhoklis and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the dhoklis are cooked. (add ½ cup of warm water if required to adjust the consistency. )serve hot.
|Vitamin A||216.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||82.3 mcg|